The seminar was conducted in the Berlin School of Economics and Law (the HWR Berlin) in cooperation with BSRUN at June 14th, 2018.
Baltic Sea Region University Network and St. Petersburg State University of Economics organised the Annual BSRUN Forum 2018 “Implementing University Strategy and Mobilities” on June 7th in St. Petersburg, Russia.
The Belarus State Economics Univerity in cooperation with Baltic Sea Region University Network conducted the International seminar on University Cooperation with Belarus in the Baltic Sea Region organised back to back with Coordination meeting in the framewprk of FOSTERC project.
Pskov State University together with Baltic Sea Region Univeristy and Association of Vice-Rectors for International Relations of the NorthWest HEIs (AVRIR) has held the seminar on the problems of University Campus Management.
Representatives of Russian and European Universities shared the experience of their university campus development, discuss International (European) quality standards, requirements to the campuses and the prospects of development, show models of financing for creation and maintenance of the campuses, university property complexes, including efficient tools of public-private partnership, present best practices of dormitory management.
The seminar was organised together with Saimaa UAS.
The seminar was integral part of the 11th Finnish Russian Seminar for Higher Education Cooperation “Creating a New Story”
The annual BSRUN Forum was held in the University of Latvia on 19 October.
International Seminar «Competence approach in designing educational programs» was held in Belarusian State University. The seminar was integral part of the FOSTERC project in the framework of the Erasmus+ Programme.
About FOSTERC project
On 8 February 2017 the Council of Baltic Sea States (CBSS) in cooperation with Saint Petersburg State University of Economics (UNECON) held its first conferfence Baltic Sea Science Day in order to discuss wuth a wider circle of stakeholders of the CBSS Science, Research and Innovation Agenda the way forward in the CBSS engagement in transnational facilitation of cooperation in science and research domains.
The Baltic Sea Region University Network held the Annual BSRUN Forum “University Branding and Rankings” in the Kazimierz Palace of the University of Warsaw on 26th of October 2016.
Prof. Alojzy Z. Nowak
Prof. Igor Maksimtsev
Baltic Sea Region University Network and Gdańsk University of Technology organised the conference "University Campus Management and Development - Contemporary Trends and Future of University Campuses" at Gdańsk University of Technology, Poland on 2-3 June 2016.
Belarusian State Pedagogical University (BSPU) in cooperation with BSRUN organised the international seminar "Competence Development and University Curricula" at the BSPU Minsk on 18.05.2016.
The 10th Seminar on Cooperation between Russian and Finnish Institutions of Higher Education addressed current issues in Finnish-Russian university cooperation, related to the mobility of higher education students and staff and joint projects.
About one hundred representatives from educational institutions from Russia and Finland took part in the seminar. The seminar was opened by Samu Seitsalo (Director General, CIMO) and by Igor Mazimtsev (Chairman of the Association of the Vice Rectors for International Relations of North-West Russia, Rector of UNECON).
Seminar’s participant discussed the similar circle of questions and problems of cooperation. The appropriate presentations you can find in the attached files.
During the seminar award ceremony was celebrated where number of persons were awarded for the substantial contribution in the cooperation development between Russian and Finish educational institutions on behalf of CIMO and Association of the Vice Rectors for International Relations of North-West Russia.
Seminar was held at the Scientific Library of RANEPA, Saint-Petersburg (8th Line of Vasilievsky Island, 61, Saint-Petersburg), founded in 1906 as a Library of the First State Russian Duma. RANEPA, Saint-Petersburg is the largest European HEI, providing education in the sphere of training, continuous training and re-training public and municipal servants, as well as specialists in humanities and economics.
The Plenary session was followed by consecutive Workshops on construction of the brand new campuses, reconstruction and re-mastering of existing venues and preservation of historical monuments.
The key topics for discussion: concepts, structure, functions and applied requirements for university campuses; establishment concept and applied requirements for ensuring the effectiveness of all major and provision activities for the campus , including: requirements for the design and construction of various categories of campus premises (residential, educational, administrative, experimental and industrial, social, health and fitness, etc.) to ensure the provision of eco-friendly resource saving (including human capital) campus environment and the establishment of energy-efficient lifestyle as well as educational, scientific, production and engineering activities; requirements for campus engineering provision in accordance with international standards; requirements for campus energy supply on the basis of optimal combination of traditional energy sources and all economically feasible and affordable alternative and renewable energy sources; existing models in the area of social communications at University, the existing practice to ensure the most favorable conditions for human potential development; financial tools and legal aspects of regulation of this area in the BSR.
The 11th annual International Scientific Conference was held at Klaipeda University on 24-25 September 2015. The conference topic: “Regional Identity: the Paradigm of Public Welfare of the Baltic Sea Region” dedicated this year to the 25th anniversary of Klaipeda University.
The main purpose of the Conference was to promote the actualization of social science research, revealing social sciences’ impact on regions. The conference brought together scientists and researchers from different countries who study regions and who are able to offer a new theoretical ideas and their practical application in relevant case studies.
* Politics and administration
* Sociology, Media and Communication studies
* Social geography and regional development
The Forum was held at University of Warsaw on 20-21 April 2015. The topic of the Forum was “University Mergers”.
1. Prof. Tomasz Szapiro, Rector of Warsaw School of Economics, ‘Remarks on compromising academic cultures’
The Seminar on EU Strategy in the sphere of education for the Baltic Sea Region was held on 28 October, 2014 in Saint Petersburg within the framework of XIII All-Russia Forum for Strategic Planning in the Regions and Cities of Russia (www.forumstrategov.ru).
Organizers of the Seminar: EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (EUSBSR), Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS), Norden Association, City of Turku, Baltic Sea Region University Network, with Saint Petersburg State University of Economics providing technical assistance.
The diverse and relevant program of the Seminar together with the expertise of the speakers excited the participants’ keen interest and led to the discussion of the topical issues regarding cooperation in the sphere of education.
Antti Paasio – EuroFaculty: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
Jan Lundin – CBSS and Baltic Sea Education Cooperation
Dmitry Vasilenko – EuroFaculty: The Donor’s Experience
Victor Ionov – The Baltic University Programme
Gabriele Kotschau – University Cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region
Marina Makhotaeva – EuroFaculty: Experience of Pskov State University
Anders Bergstrom – EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region In Brief
Anders Bergstrom – PA Education In Brief
Olsztyn, Poland, 23-24 October 2014
Interdisciplinary scientific conference undertaking issues regarding history, cultural and natural heritage of the Baltic Sea Region.
The aim of the conference is to present the cultural and natural heritage in its historical context as a component of economic potential aimed at the development of scientific research, economic cooperation, including development of tourism, education and creative forms of spending time, as well as elements of biodiversity protection in the Baltic Sea Region.
Conference is addressed to the scientific community of the Baltic States and other European countries interested in regional development aspects and relations between culture and nature.
Location: University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Old Boiler House, Prawocheńskiego Street 9, Olsztyn-Kortowo, Poland
St. Petersburg, Russia, 14-16 May 2014
1. “The Universities’ Internalization in the Baltic Sea Region”, Dr. Kazimierz Musial, University of Gdansk
2. “Benefits for BSRUN Cooperation through Global Competitive Enhancement of BSR Universities”, Irina Arzhanova, Executive Director of National Training Foundation, Moscow
3. “CIMO Activities in the Baltic Sea Region”, Juha Ketolainen, Director for Higher Education of the Centre for International Mobility CIMO
4. “From University Networks to Twin Cities – no Limits to Successful Cooperation, Dr. Gabriele Kötschau, Head of Hamburg Chamber of Commerce Office in St. Petersburg
5. “Baltic Sea Region University Network”, Kari Hypponen, President of BSRUN
6. “Russian Key Initiatives to Support Academic Mobility at the State Level: Opportunities for BSR Universities”, Daria Dydzinskaya, Deputy Head of Department of Higher Education and Science Development, National Training Foundation, Moscow
7. “Changes in the Russian Credential Recognition System”, Dr. Evgeni Shevchenko, Head of the Methodical Centre for Research and Training of Saint Petersburg State Polytechnic University
8. “Student Mobility and Recognition from Finnish-Russian Perspective”, Outi Jappinen, Senior Program Advisor Erasmus+ for Higher Education, Center for International Mobility CIMO
9. “Incoming Student Mobility: Experience and Outlook”, Alexandra Drougova, Head of the Export of Educational Programs Office, St. Petersburg State University of Economics
10. “Admission of Prospective Students from Countries with English Model of Educational System: Russian experience (SPbSPU case)", Zoya Shardyko, Deputy Head of the Methodical Centre for Research and Training of Saint Petersburg State Polytechnic University
11. “Academic Mobility – a Modern Way of Knowledge Transfer”, Sergei Baranets, Associate Professor, North-West Institute of Management of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration
12. “Transfer of Technologies: Business and Science”, Eugene Buff, President of Primary Care Innovation Consulting, Boston, MA
13. “Doing Higher Education with Russia: Double Degree Plekhanov Russian Economic University”, Dr. Rainer Wehner, University of Applied Sciences Wurzburg-Schweinfurt | (download part 2)
14. “Successful Substitution of the Major Partner in the Cross-Border University Cooperation: Case MiBA-ToM”, Dr. Wolfgang Fritz, Braunschweig Technical University, MiBA-ToM Director, and Dr. Julia Solovjova, St. Petersburg State University of Economics, MiBA-ToM Academic Director
15. “Public Policy of re-Industrialization, Diffusion of Innovations and Universities”, Dr. Valery Yanovskiy, the North-West Institute of Management of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration”
16. “Project WOPE Wood Procurement Entrepreneurship”, Dr. Svetlana Tereshchenko, Deputy Dean for International Relations, Faculty of Economics and Management, St. Petersburg State Forest Technical University
17. “Co-operative Bachelor Programs – Combining Theory, Practice and Internationalization”, Dr. Andreas Zaby, Vice President of Berlin School of Economics and Law”
18. “Double Degree Programs as Financial Tool for Cooperation – DAAD Experience in Russia”, Dr. Michael Kleineberg, Head of DAAD Information Center St. Petersburg
19. “Youth cooperation in the region of Baltic Sea and financial possibilities to support it”, Daria Ahutina, Director General of Association for Cooperation with Nordic Countries “NORDEN”
20. ”Erasmus+ for Higher Education – Possibilities for BSR Countries”, Outi Jappinen, Senior Program Advisor Erasmus+ for Higher Education, Center for International Mobility CIMO
21. "BSR Funding Puzzle: Case PreKNIGHT", Harri Lappalainen, Manager, Senior Advisor of Turku University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Technology, Environment and Business
Kari Hypponen "Baltic Sea Region University Network"
Andrzej Zieliński “Education Quality at GUT”
Jan Hupka “Research area at GUT”
Krzysztof Malicki “Innovation – the way to get closer to industry”
Pasi Malinen “Education needs for innovation”
Andrey Alekseevich Alekseev “The development of educational, research and innovation competences of economic universities”
Alina Grzhibovska and Matīss Neimanis “University of Latvia as partner in Research and Innovation”
Jacek Bigda “Study in Pomorskie”
Edyta Witka‐Jeżewska and Piotr Karpiński “PION – Platform supporting Knowledge Triangle” Additional presentation
Nikolaj Ambrusevic "Role of academic personnel developing sector of high technology"
Hans Martens “Europe's economic, social and political challenges”
List of participants
Baltic Seminar of University Administrators (BSUA)
University–Business Cooperation for Regional Development
Riga, Latvia, 5-6 May 2011 (start at 16:00)
- The Cooperation between the City and the Universities in Turku; Promoting and Developing the Innovation System
- Partners in Internationalisation: City - University Relations Facing New Challenges
- Science Park - Strong Platform for High Tech Companies
- University and City Co-operation: Problems and Challenges
- Gdansk University of Technology - Support of Regional and Tri-City Business Development
- Understanding of Kaunas City Identity from History and Health Perspective (Vice-Rector Vaidotas Viliunas, Vice-Rector Irena Miseviciene)
- Co-operation of the Belarusian Agricultural Academy with the City Council of Gorki in Landscape Planning
- Latvia University of Agriculture and Jelgava City Municipality in a Knowledge-based Society
- U2C-C2U: Universities and City of Grodno
- Place Promotion: New City Images and Universities
- City/University Partnership: a View from IK-SUR
- Klaipeda Municipality and Klaipeda University Co-operation in the High Technologies Business Promotion
- Siauliai University and the Region: Interaction, Development and Expansion
- The Development Potential of the Kuressaare City-Region
Bologna Process: Developments until 2005 Bergen Ministerial Conference, Work Programme for 2005-2007 and 2007 Stocktaking Methodology (.ppt)
Professor Andrejs Rauhvargers, University of Latvia, Secretary General, Latvian Rector's Council
Quality Assurance of Higher Education in Finland (.ppt)
Professor Riitta Pyykkö, University of Turku
Privatization of Polish Higher Management Education (1989-2001) Aspects of quality enforcement (.pdf)
Professor Aleksander Sulejewicz
Councils as Instruments for University Development Vice-Rector Peeter Normak, Tallinn University
Management issues at Vilnius University
Gintaras Dikcius, Marijus Jurgutis and Aleksas Pikturna
Enlarged European Union in House of Europe: New Internal and External Problems
Kaunas, Lithuania, 6 May, 2005