NovSU Internatonal Week (May, 2019)
Since 2007, Novgorod State University has been organizing International Week, which traditionally serves as a platform for social, political and scientific dialogue of representatives of the academic community from various countries of the world. The International Week 2019 is scheduled for 19-24 of May. Scholars from foreign partner universities, representatives of twin cities, public figures, representatives of youth organizations will take part in the events of the Week.
The objectives of the forthcoming Week are:
- assistance to the scientific and socio-political dialogue of the Russian and foreign intellectual elite in the priority areas of socio-cultural and economic development of the regions;
- involvement of the international expert community in the development of trade and economic cooperation between the regions of Russia and foreign countries in line with the traditions of the Hanseatic League;
- strengthening the strategic partnership of universities and other educational organizations;
- intensification of the process of internationalization of higher education.
The central event of the Week will be the international panel discussion “The Change of Generations in Politics, Economics, Education: Challenges of New Times”. During the event, the following issues will be discussed:
· continuity of generations in a cofigurative and prefigurative culture;
· traditions and innovations in higher and secondary education: how to balance in the conditions of social transformations;
· the role of universities in the formation of regional elites.
In addition to the panel discussion, there will be youth debates on the topic “Youth in Power: Fashion Trend or Social Need?”
Within the framework of the Week the following events are also planned:
1. International conference “Traditions of the Hanseatic League and Modernity: Vectors of Sustainable Development of Regions” on the sites of Veliky Novgorod and St. Petersburg;
2. Round table “Russian-German Economic Relations: History and Development Prospects” with participation of representatives of the universities of the Lower Saxony, parliamentarians, representatives of the Russian-German Foreign Chamber of Commerce in St. Petersburg;
3. Socio-political discussion of representatives of twin cities on issues of strengthening peace and political stability “Save the Old Bridges - Build New Ones”.